American Association of Safety Councils Scholarship
$500 per year Maximum
The "American Association of Safety Councils Scholarship" is a maximum scholarship of $500 per year. Eligibility:
- Any employee or family member of an AASC Safety Council or any individual, whose parent, or legal guardian, is employed at an AASC Safety Council for a period of not less than twelve months.
- Any member or family member of an AASC Safety Council who has been a member of not less than twelve months.
The scholarship applicant must be a full-time student in the sophomore level or higher at an accredited college or university. The person must have a 2.75 GPA or higher and will be selected by the Scholarship Committee based on involvement in community/school organizations, leadership positions held, awards received and a strong emphasis will be placed on a submitted essay relating to how safety and health are important in their life and/or career.
Past Winners and Affiliated Safety Councils
- 2013 – Anne, Alliance Safety Council
- 2012 – Kyle, Central California Safety Council
- 2011 – Alexander, Safety Council of the LA Capital Area
- 2010 – Nana, Safety Council of the LA Capital Area
- 2009 – Erica, Pacific Safety Council
- 2008 – Sheri, Delaware Safety Council
- 2007 – Jacqueline, Central California Safety Council