Alliance Safety Council, formerly Safety Council of the Louisiana Capital Area, is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving safety in the workplace, community and the home. For over fifty years, we have worked with our members to build safer workplaces and communities.
Members receive best-in-class training and superior customer service. Our training courses are delivered at our Louisiana facilities, on location, online and through authorized training providers. With top-ranked programs such as COSS, we reach and serve a national audience.
What We Do
- We offer solutions that begin with the end in mind – a safe, healthy and productive worker. We deliver proven, reciprocal training that plays a significant role in lowering safety incident rates, severity rates and costs to industry.
- We create custom, standardized training developed on sound instructional design principles. Our training is available via the Internet, at one of our one-stop shop locations; at an authorized training provider’s facility; or through our mobile services team who delivers training at your site. The number of online courses we offer is too numerous to list. Please visit our website for more information.
- We provide an online records management system. A company may view or print student training history reports, attendance reports, expiration reports, and more. Our training management system is housed in a Tier IV data-center that guarantees 99.9% up time. With a user name, password, and business account access, employers can query their employees’ training records 24 hours a day–7 days a week. Employers may opt to download training records into their system, or to upload their records into our system. Either way, training records can be accessed in one location.
- We assist our members with their compliance requirements. We can evaluate current training; develop instructor-led or web-based OSHA compliant-level training; deliver training; validate and proctor training; document training; provide uninterrupted access to training records; allow for customized reports; and update training.
- We share our knowledge. Our use of technology to streamline operations and increase training efficiencies is widely known across the non-profit sector and the industries of the Gulf Coast. We are routinely asked to showcase our systems and solutions through private tours and at presentations at regional and national conferences. We share our best practices and lessons learned for the benefit of other entrepreneurs focused on safety.